Monday, September 8, 2008

So much money I can't spend it all...

I'm struck by the absurdity of this title. A gentleman that I know made this comment in relation to how much money he makes at his job. He works overtime most weeks, and all of his kids are grown from the home. He now, according to him, makes "so much money I can't spend it all"...

Husband and I were discussing this in the car yesterday. I said, "Is it a sin to have that attitude?" Is it a sin to spend our money unwisely or not steward our money in righteous ways? Husband wasn't so sure. So the question remains. Is it simply not the most glorifying attitude, or is it wrong?

While I may not have the answer, I know that thought certaintly makes me go grrrrrr...especially when I think about all the families that I work with that are struggling to put food on the table each night, or can't buy their kids medications without selling something they own...guess it's a good thing we have a good God who is all-sovereign

On a similar note...I've got to share my absolute favorite saving sites! http://www.thegrocerygame.com is one of my newest crazes. Basically, for a small fee, it gives combines all the sales from your favorite store with all of the coupons from the past weeks that are still valid. For example, this week at Walgreens, I spent $38.00 and saved $63.00. And tomorrow I'm going to get Lysol Bathroom Cleaner at Meijer for $0.19. I could probably do it all on my own, but think how much time it saves to have someone else do it for you! And I always find all sorts of deals that I would have otherwise missed. I learned about it from this amazing blog. She also has a site with all sorts of amazing meals for under $5.00. Check it out!

Another awesome find today: www.angelfoodministries.com. What a cool idea! Families can get a week's worth off quality food for $30.00. And there's no criteria to be eligible! How fabulous! I'm excited to use this for my families. It's great that churches and the people in them are willing to step up to meet a need.

Okay...that's all for now...time to spend some time with Husband...who just finished his first day of school for the quarter!!!!!! Love Him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment