Friday, September 12, 2008

Weekend

It's been a loooonnnnngggg week, and I am glad it's Friday! Interesting week to say the least.

Wednesday: We had our young adult group. My parents, who lead the group, weren't there, and so we were playing it a little low key. Several of the kids are taking turns leading the bible studies and so far, most have chosen to use these awesome Rob Bell Nooma videos. Watch the clips! Pretty cool for today's generations. The one we watched was called Dust. How awesome it is to walk in the dust of our Savior. Made you curious, didn't I? Watch it and find out! (Also went to Meijer and randomly ran into a couple that was also using the Grocery Game to shop. First time that's happened!)

Thursday: Had a very fun date with Husband. We went to a Beef O' Brady's for the first time. Family style bar, with a patio that makes summer eating fun. I was craving french fries. And they sure were good!

Friday: Tried unsuccessfully to catch up at work. It's just not happening this month very easily! Met a very adorable baby today. Had a meeting with our pastor (he's mentoring Husband and me for this year). Good discussions - we talked about our prayer life quite a bit. Husband and I have been trying to get up early every morning, walk, read the Bible, and then pray, but we're looking for ways to improve our routine! Any ideas? What do you use to keep your day on track in the Word? After work, I came home and made my corn muffins - Husband's favorite. My absolute favorite recipe is out of my Betty Crocker cookbook. I can even use wheat flour and light butter and it still turns out good. Then cleaned up around the house and now I'm waiting for Husband to get home from work!

Question of the day: What Bible translation do you like best? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment