Saturday, June 27, 2009

Garden Update #1

These pictures are actually from about a week ago, and this is several weeks into my "gardening experience", but it is a good starting point! It's all a learning experience...

I bought these tomato plants at about 8 inches tall - they've certainly grown! No red tomatoes yet, but plenty of green ones! I have been watering daily, and using Mira*le Grow and an organic "bug spray" weekly. The two outside plants are big tomatoes and the middle one is cherry tomatoes.

I also have 2 basil plants, but I haven't used any yet! Any suggestions, besides pesto?








My peas look great in this post, but they're not doing so hot now. They don't seem to want to climb up the wire! or a pole for that matter!












We also have STRAWBERRIES! After we fenced them in, they've done just fine! Next year we may plant more - it's kind of hard to use them in recipes when only 1 ripens at a time.

And of course we can't forget my squash and pumpkins that are going to way outgrow my garden! I started these from seeds though, so it's been neat to watch.






And last but not least, my bean plants and chives! Chives aren't doing so great, bean plants have potential!






So - how does your garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment