Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A box of Life

Grrr...

I am so annoyed!

Can you tell?

We had another rollar coaster day with the foster care agency today. I won't go through it all comment by comment like last time, but let's just say we went from them offering us 2 infants for a year placement (which we decided not to take) to a respite care placement of 2 sibs for the next 48 hours (which we decided to take, as this is what we really have wanted to do anyway), to me frantically re-arranging my work schedule and getting the house ready for a 3 and 10-year-old, to me calling the caseworker because I hadn't gotten a confirmation call yet and finding out that the parents had cancelled the need for respite care an hour prior. And this occured as I was pulling chocolate chip cookies out of the oven (so that the house would smell homey as the kiddos arrived).

ok - I'm done whining. Pretty much. It's not anyone's fault; it's just hard for me to ride this rollar coaster. I want so badly to do this, and my emotions get caught up in it when I think it's going to actually happen. And then when I get let down, I fall hard.

Husband has been great. He has let me vent and just wallow this evening. And now I think I will go to bed, as I have to go back to work tomorrow after making a big deal about being off to take care of the 3-year-old. They were all so excited for me. I was excited for me. For us.

Good thing God knows better then me!

(Side note, Husband got 1st place on an optional math test he took at his college...1st place out of the whole school! He takes the 2nd part this weekend. I think I married a genius!)

No comments:

Post a Comment